Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I'm 29 and I started beauty school yesterday. According to the average age of my class, I'm about ten years late on this. I'm the same age as my instructors. I'm excited to be there though. I feel like I should have started a long time ago.
So I'm in Provo and let's face it, it's a naive place. Most people are sheltered mormons--not that there is anything wrong with that!- and don't really get the real world yet especially at age 19. One of the instructors is CLEARLY gay. He is so much like Carson from queer eye for the straight guy, that it's uncanny. So there is a girl that is quite obnoxious in my class. It's embarrassing. I duck my head just about everytime she opens her mouth because I just can't take the idiot shivers. I find her flirting with the gay instructor constantly. I wondered all day, is she really that dumb? Does she really not know that he is gay? (My brother-in-law just informed me that some girls just flirt with every dude, gay or straight. I like to think that she is just dumb though. It's funnier that way.)
Moving on, today we talked about the different kinds of hair on our body. Our female instructor asked us what kinds of long hair we have on our body. Answers were the hair on our head and armpit hair. Then she asked what short bristly hair we have on our body. The class was silent for about 30 seconds and then the obnoxious one blurted out, Pubes? There was a long pause and then a loud roar of laughter from the instructors. They said uh actually, that's not on the list but eyebrows and eyelashes are. Pubes, eyebrows, eyelashes--same thing, right?

1 comment:

Vauri said...

Does it scare you that I found your new blog? (or that it says my name is Owen?)

I hope things are good for you in Utah!

I just talked to Joe today and he was surprised you were there, you should give him a call sometime.

AnnÜ