Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Have I mentioned that I don't like 19 year olds? Ok that is not entirely true. I remember being 19 and being totally stoked that highschool was behind me. Highschool was lame--clicky, snotty, annoying people all around me 5 days a week. In college, everyone was so nice--they smiled and even said hi to you in passing even if they didn't know you. This was how it was in the real world as well--every job I've had, everyone was super nice and friendly. Well, apparently not everyone in beauty school got the smile and/or be nice memo. There are a lot of people crammed into a small area so you pass the same people all of the time. There is never any eye contact or smiling. I just want to run out in the middle of the floor and yell, GET OVER YOURSELF. They treat the new students like mutants. I am a mutant. They are all going to be sorry when they see that I kick trash at this hair thing.
Never in a million years did I picture myself listening to rap and doing cornrows. Ok I have but I was sitting on a porch with snoop dog sipping gin and juice. Well that is what I did today--minus the porch, snoop, and gin. I felt like a black person and it was really cool. We also did fingerwaves and pincurls which were a total bad word. It looks so much easier than it really is. I'm glad I live in a day where fingerwaves aren't necessary--oh except I need to know how to do them in order to pass the state board. I have to know how to do a hairstyle that expired 60 years ago. That makes total sense, right? They might as well have us curl hair with rods that are heated up in a stove. Why let that die?

No comments: