Thursday, November 29, 2007

I haven't decided whether or not it's a good thing the phyical therapist is in the same room as me. On the one hand, he's helped me with my back issues and I've learned A LOT about the human body from listening to everything he instructs the dancers and crew to do to treat their injuries. On the other hand, I've had to see a lot more nakedness and awkward stretching than I've ever known possible. Now don't get me wrong, everyone needs to stretch before they run out and dance on stage. This is why they have a designated area and time for 'warm up'. So why oh why is this one particular individual inclined to come in and do what Maddy and I have named the ball stretch. He doesn't stretch any other part of his body in our room. He does the splits with his bum on the floor or high in the air to stretch out his groin muscles. Today I was hunched over on the floor, combing up the hair from a haircut I had just given. I look up and I see a foot that has found it's way in front of me. Sure enough, I look over and there is a crotch being stretched a foot away from where I am. Trying not to roll my eyes, I moved the trash can in between him and myself to form a buffer and a shield. I think I'm leaning towards I'd rather have a sore back and have learned nothing about the human body.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I can see it all happening. Only you t-snail.

Alicia said...

Wow, groin stretching huh? That close to your face? Aren't you luck... :)

Alicia said...

AHHHAHH! I have made you an Izzy lover! Who would have thought!?

Alicia said...

You should get a dog once you live somewhere it can be inside when it is blazing hot or freezing cold, depending upon where you live. (I vote UTAH!) Anyway, you would be a great dog owner! I can see it now! What kind of dogs do you like?

Anonymous said...

Common TLG everyone knows that the groin is the most importand part of the body and needs extra care! And if you're really not a team player you could always toss a brush or somthing with some weight at or near the groinal region and I bet he'll never streach near ya again.