Wednesday, February 09, 2011

The stars at night! Are big and bright! Deep in the heart of Texas!
I've always been obsessed with Texas. Was it because of Peewee's Big Adventure? I have no idea. I have always thought it would be awesome to live there...and I had never been there until last week. So here are some highlights from the week.
I'm so lucky because I had someone with all of the Texas pride you could ask for, touring me around Dallas. (And he's totally hot. Bonus!) Even though it was the coldest it's been in 30 years, complete with iced over roads and then seven inches of snow, we had a marvelous time.

I wanted to see the famous grassy knoll and the street where JFK was shot. We took on the 19 degree weather and walked the streets of Dallas.

Nate trying to keep his face warm...

I decided it would be a good idea to take a walking tour of the public works of art. (Yeah Tracy, let's go walk around in ice cold weather to look at art. Good one!)
The only maps they had left were in spanish so...

"Escultura Flotante"

"The Trail Boss", "The Cutter", "The Vaquero"

We saw a few others but my hands froze every time I would get them out of my pockets--taking pictures became painful.

cold hands!

The day turned out to be really fun! I was excited to get back in doors though so we headed to the mall where I bought my favorite mascara from MAC. It's a newer mascara that they came out with around May last year. I bought it then and have really liked it.

Opulash

We went to some really great places to eat, one of which was called Dickey's. Had to get me some Texas BBQ! Oh and thanks to Nate, I have the cup to prove it. Good stuff!

I loved Texas--even though it was cold and the water tastes like metal and dirt mixed together. I can't wait to go back someday!

2 comments:

Letterpress said...

You didn't tell me you went to Texas! What kind of hair stylist are you--keepin' secrets from the clientele?

Peter just drove through there yesterday. That's where he was born--right next to Ft. Worth. You didn't eat at Joe T. Garcia's? Amazing food.

Unknown said...

your hair is so long and gorgeous. i love it