Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I had a rough day. I was attacked at work. Have you ever been hit in the back of the head with a board? Yes? No? Now I can say yes! I suppose I am making it out to be a little more dramatic than it is. I was washing my client's hair so she had her head back, eyes closed, and she was relaxing to her little scalp massage. After I finished I turned and slid the cupboard door open, got a towel out and turned to dry her hair. All of a sudden the cupboard door slammed down on my head, bounced off and smacked my client, still lying back with her eyes closed, right on the face. Somehow that little door fell of the track and it is the real deal, heavy duty wood so I was seeing stars for a moment. The adrenaline kicked in pretty quick though so that I could attend to my client who was forming a nice red mark on her forehead. Hey have you ever tried to use sharp scissors after an adrenaline rush? I had to concentrate on keeping my hands still. It was like trying to put tiny clothes on an ant. (what? I have an ant problem in my house) I made it through the haircut and the rest of my day although I was totally spacey but even now, almost twelve hours later, my head hurts and I feel slightly dizzy. I'm just glad my head broke the fall of that stupid door. I really think it would have caused some serious damage to my client's face otherwise. As is, she is doing great! Now we'll see if I fall in to a deep coma tonight...

1 comment:

Letterpress said...

Yikes! You take care of yourself--and don't put me at that sink when I come see you. . .

I'm glad you were okay enough to blog about it--which means you're okay. But what a horrid experience.