Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On New Years Eve I was feeling a little sad. So I attempted to do things that I know I wouldn't be able to do if my circumstances were different--say I was married with five kids. I took a bubble bath, worked on my puzzle, watched Bridget Jones Diary, and ate Truffles. If I would have had 12 cats to feed, my night would have been complete.
There was a reason I didn't go out and do something totally awesome. I spent the day doing hair and make up for a wedding in San Diego. My cousin Andrea's really good friend Brittany Pierce got married in the temple down there at 10am so it was an early morning! It didn't help that my sweet insomnia kicked in and I was awake at 4:25am. Suck! So after the initial hair and make up application, there were a couple of touch ups plus 8 bridesmaids to fix up. That was not a typo. EIGHT. haha it was fine though! The theme was kind of nautical so I did some fun braids on everyone. They all seemed to like it and it didn't take me too long!

This is Brittany and Scott outside of the temple--totally stole this picture from someone on facebook...


The reception was at the Admiral Kidd Club,right on the water. The San Diego skyline was right across the bay and the buildings were glimmering in the afternoon sun. There were also a ton of sailboats cruising by, one of which the bride and groom went for a ride on! After the guests had arrived, they came riding up for a grand entrance. It was so cool!

I can't wait to see the photographer's work on this shot below. This was from someone standing there and once again, stole it from facebook... The photographer was showing me a few of the shots he got though and they were pretty sweet!



3 comments:

Steph said...

Everyone looks beautiful thanks to you!

Ro Ro Riot said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the bridesmaid's hair even more close up.

laura said...

Sounds like a lovely new years to me...