Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I hate being called hun or sweetie by girls. I don't care if a grandma does it but when a person my age does it, it makes my blood boil. It makes me want to squeeze lemon juice into their eyes...or something. I think it's so incredibly demeaning. I'm not a child! Stop treating me like I'm five! So now that the front desk girl is a part of my life, I have to fight the urge to find citrus whenever I have an encounter. She looooves the sweetie and hun thing and is constantly using them when informing me on school policies. How can anyone use those words and not mean it in a belittling way? It's like she thinks I'm retarded! Either that or she thinks we're in a diner and she's a 48 year old waitress that chews a lot of gum.

1 comment:

lpkitten said...

my favorite - "kiddo". you know who i'm talking about.