Tuesday, December 27, 2005

This girl at school got a little tiny dog worth $1000 for Christmas. She brought it in for show and tell today. I was sitting in a chair in a corner, working on my worksheet, minding my own business, when she brought it in. She sat in the chair next to me and some of the girls came over and went absolutely crazy over this little dog. They were cooing at it like it was a baby. I didn't even look up from what I was doing and one of the girls noticed this and felt it necessary to point out. So I said that I wasn't an animal person. I looked at their faces and it was as if I had said I hated children and I wished that they would all die. So I kind of retracted and said I was allergic to 95 percent of them which is mostly true. I am trying to decide what is worse: people looking at you like you are a child hater or a bubble girl?

No comments: