Friday, July 16, 2010

So there I was...Mt Charleston. Mark the dentist and I had just been on a hike and we were driving down the hill when Mark exclaimed, "Oh there are some donkeys over there!" So he pulled over in to this tiny town. It's mostly small homes and trailors. It's more of a neighborhood than a town. In this large grass area were the donkeys. I was tempted to go pet one but was afraid one might turn on me.

wild, wild donkeys!
couldn't drag me away!

I didn't notice it at first but at the back of this grassy area, there was a skate park. I know, what? A skate park in a tiny town in the middle of no where? Crazy. But it was there complete with one kid skating and....donkeys.

Skate or Die! donkeys!

Have I told you what my nephew Nathan said? Ok well we were at Disneyland and I was telling Steph about how Uncle Dale had Autism and Aspergers. He passed away a couple of months ago and none of us ever knew this--we just thought he was strange. Uncle Dale was my mom's cousin and he used to come over and spend the night after he would go to singles dances.
So Nathan is listening to our conversation and he said, "Tracy, what is donkey burgers?" I looked at him confused and asked him, "What?" So he said, "You were just talking about it...Donkey burgers." He then went on to explain, "You know how an ass is a donkey?" Suddenly it clicked that Nathan didn't want to say the 'as' in aspergers because he thought he was swearing. So he came up with an alternative. I started laughing so hard I couldn't even talk to tell Steph and Mike what he had said. That kid is so awesome.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

love it about nate! I didn't know Dale came over because of the dances that's awesome