Sunday, July 18, 2010

Garden 2010
So here is my garden. I planted seeds for corn, tomato, zucchini, yellow onion, and green onion. I was nervous that it wouldn't grow but I planted the seeds anyway after hours of digging, clearing weeds, and mixing in fertilizer.
before

after
The seeds went in on Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. I watered every day and prayed that my little garden would grow. By Thursday, I had sprouts!
Pretty soon the entire garden was sprouting and just about every seed I had planted, grew...
and grew....
and GREW! These were taken on July 12th which is about 6 weeks from the day I planted.
I used Miracle Grow one time and the caterpillars ate at my squash leaves a little so I had to use some pesticides. Other than that, I've just been watering and letting the sun do it's thing. So if you're wanting to plant a garden, do it. If I can do it, YOU can do it!

2 comments:

Chelsea Stewart said...

That is quite a wilderness you've got growing. Everything I touch turns from green to brown, but you've given me some hope. Maybe I'll give it a try some day when we actually have a yard!!

Michelle said...

are you sure you didn't give your garden steroids??? It looks amazing! Save me some zucchini we didn't get any this year :(