Sunday, June 06, 2010

It's official, my hair is long and I am loving it! I have grown my hair out before but it was kind of on accident so I didn't really appreciate it like I do now. I wear my hair down nearly everyday and I have embraced the crazy waves it tends to form. Here is what is working for my hair--Alterna. I can't use it too many days in a row because it can be a little heavy for me but I love switching up shampoos either way so it's all good.

This is the Caviar Moisture shampoo and conditioner. They also make Caviar volume, blond, brunette, or red hair.

This is a favorite for a lot of people. It's called Beach. It's the perfect spray to give you beach waves in your hair.


When I don't use Caviar, I put Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum in my hair to keep the fuzz down. I can blow dry my hair and flat iron it and it will protect it from the heat. If I let my hair air dry, it keeps it under control. I can also put it in after my hair is dry to give it a little extra control. It's really pretty awesome.
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that under my eyes I was looking really puffy, wrinkly, and dark. I started to panic that maybe my age was finally catching up to me and that maybe I should start using eye cream everyday instead of every once and a while. Youthtopia from Origins is a good one. It will actually reverse signs of aging--they make a face cream as well. My friend Kathy started using it maybe a week ago. When I saw her today I could honestly see a difference. Her skin was fantastic.

....OR I could just stop crying everyday. This is probably the more logical solution to depuffing and dewrinkling my eyes. I have managed to do that now. I'm not an emotional basket case, I was just hurt really bad by someone I really care about. I just have to do a shout out to all of those who have prayed for me and given me kind words of advice and encouragement. I have never felt so comforted, calm, at peace, blessed etc. This too shall pass.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Post a picture of the long hair! Also if you need a crying buddie, come on over i can muster up some good tears.

The Greens said...

Awww! tracy! who on earth would want to hert you..we love you..stay strong..and by the way, your hair looks great. james and i couldnt regocnizze you from afar because we're used to it short. Your a babe! :)

The Greens said...

lol..i just woke up..please excuse my grammer :)

Ruth said...

Email me and I'll give you my # My email is ruth@pan-ami.com

Letterpress said...

I thought you looked lovely today. Either it's the cream, or the lack of tears. Either way--you're a good model for your blog's title: beautiful.

laura said...

Your hair is hot. I want to join operation grow out. Also excited to try that skinny stuff. Hugs to you.