Monday, December 14, 2009

So about an hour after I posted the last post, my parents came in to my room and said, let's see if we can sniff out the rat. So we pulled everything away from the wall where the smell was the strongest and began sniffing that wall like blood hounds. We agreed that the smell was strongest in one spot and it wasn't coming from the wall but the ceiling. So my dad changed his clothes, put on some rubber gloves and went up in to the attic. I got up on the ladder to see what was up there. It is a sea of cotton like insulation. It's the perfect nesting ground for rodents. My dad had a small rake in hand to sift through the chaos. Suddenly he spotted the rat. I cheered as my dad almost passed out from the smell that came up from the rat once he had moved the insulation from on top of it. He picked it up and put it in a plastic walmart coffin. It's now resting in peace in the trashcan outside. The smell went away almost instantaneously. ahhhh

2 comments:

Ro Ro Riot said...

Ha ha. Ew! Gross. Your dad is like a hero or something.

The Greens said...

hooray!hooray! good job uncle mike:)