Monday, May 26, 2008

It's ON.
I'm moving! I'm moving! I'm moving!
Yes, I'm a little excited. I've been trying to make Nevada work for me...made a solid effort to make myself a permanent resident but alas, I came to the conclusion that I needed to move away much to the chagrin of my poor roommate.
JUNE 15th I should be back, moved in, and ready to go. I will be living in Riverside with my parents(cough) and working at this salon like a block and a half away. I will be able to walk there which is good for two reasons. 1. gas is like $800/gallon 2. exercise
I like living with my parents actually. I have my own space and can do my own thing and when we do cross paths, I get along with them pretty dang well.
SO when you need to recommend a hair and makeup artist to someone in the 951, send 'em on over! The salon I'm going to be in is cool and the owner is totally cool. It's pretty much everything I've been looking for so I'm way excited.
side note: I just finished Stephenie Meyer's vampire series. I read Twilight last year and just hadn't gotten around to the other two b/c I didn't really like Twilight all that much. But after reading New Moon and Eclipse, I would have to say I like the series. Her writing got SO MUCH better towards the end. My advice to someone who hasn't read it would be to pretend that all three were one big book and to not give up and just read through them all. I realize that you all will hate me for saying this but I think I'm a Jacob fan. I wasn't until the very end of Eclipse. I don't know....we'll have to see how the fourth book pans out!

10 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

I'm glad you read the books! I definitely agree that the books got better in New Moon and Eclipse! There are a lot of "Jacob-haters" out there, but I really do like them both! Anyway, you should read Stephenie Meyer's new book "The Host" it is really good! Eli just finished it and really liked it!

Ruth said...

I dont " hate" jacob. But I would probably be just friends. I love how often I philosophize this subject, pathetic

Ruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

First of all, yeah for moving here. I am going to be one of your clients! I have had a few hair disasters the last few months. Second of all, I get totally obsessed with the Twilight books. I LOVE Jacob too.

Rebecca said...

Finally! I think you were the only person I gave that book too that took a year to read them all!!

Kim said...

I'm glad you're coming. Just in time to go to the beach with me. I'm a Jacob-hater. I mean, like Ruth we'd be friends but in novel world I wouldn't think twice. In fact I like to say I'm a "Jacob who?" type. ;) Wow, I'm really lame.

laura said...

beach days! i just finished eclipse too and am glad it's over (til august). bella tires me out.

Alison said...

dude! i can't do those books. but i CAN do you . love you

MaMaMaMandy said...

Riverside is way sweeter than Vegas anyways- close to the beach always beats the heat! I'm so excited for the next book to come out- I like both guys-not a hater of either one! I just want to see where she takes this book! Hope your move goes well!

Anonymous said...

I'm a Jacob fan too!!!