Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This weekend I went to my good friend Liz's wedding in LA. I'm pretty good friends with all of Liz's family and they all obsess over my full name. It's not Tracy--It's Tracy Lee Green with every address. Actually lately, it's been TLG a lot. Dr Tray kinda came and went. So even if some of the extended family didn't know my face, all I had to say was my full name and they knew exactly who I was.
It was a smaller wedding than I'm used to and I was right there in the middle of all of the action. I did like everyone's hair and even did some makeup. It was fun but a lot of work! I was exhausted by the end of the day--to the point that I wanted to cry. But I didn't. Just kidding I did. When Liz and her sisters and cousins did this polynesian dance that I can't remember the name to, I cried. It was so pretty and all I could think about was how cool it was that they are keeping the traditions of their culture alive.
I think I've been to one too many sealings because I had to really focus on being reverent when we were sitting in the sealing room waiting to start. I was trying not to make faces at everyone and run over and whisper silly things in their ears. It was a good thing they started when they did! I made it through without crying until the end. After that, my roudy insides came crashing out and I told Deanna that I wasn't crying, it was just raining on my face.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=64a_1fWTsls
It was painful to not laugh after that.
Lately the thing that makes me really tear up in the ceremony is at the end when the sealer tells you all of the blessings you are going to recieve from having made those special covenants. I'm so happy for Liz and Rob! ....and everyone else and their mom that's decided to up and get married this year. heart you all!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Honestly lady. Next trip come see me!!!

Rebecca said...

oh...now I get the comment on my blog! Beautiful! This was HI-larious!