Saturday, June 30, 2007

Since there are so many difference dance routines in the show, the dancers all get very tired and joke around that I should just step in for them. At the beginning of the show, when they are all on stage, me and the dressers stand there and watch them and try and copy some of their moves. I am hoping that by the end of this, I'll have all of the choreography memorized--just because I think it would be funny. Last night, Gemma, one of the dancers, didn't go in for the Tango because she hurt her back a couple of weeks ago doing it. So we were standing on the side watching and I started doing the moves like I do with the dressers. However since Gemma actually knows how to do it, she started showing me and doing it with me so I could follow her. During the second show, we did it again but this time I had an audience....all of the stage hands turned around and saw what we were doing and started clapping. And just my luck, the resident dirtector came walking around the corner, saw what was going on, and stopped to watch. Had there been any light, they would have seen how red my face was.

No comments: