Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Opening night was on June 2nd. The mentor was my date which is funny on so many levels but that's another story. Anyway, we had fun but I've never felt more like I was in highschool. First of all, it was a total VIP party...I mean what party with Pam Anderson wouldn't be, right? We walked in on a path of white carpet covered in red rose petals, sheer curtains billowing around us like we were walking through clouds. When we got outside there were tons of people, loud music, and showgirls covered in feathers posing on tall platforms around the pool. We had some food and drinks--at least my date did and we walked around and said hi to people. I realized there were two levels of the party and you had to have a wrist band to go up to the other level. The other level was where Pam, Sylvester Stalone, and Amy Whinehouse hung out. What I couldn't figure out was why they would put two separate parties next to each other. If the famous people didn't want to hang out with the group, then why did they even come? It was so stupid and it made me feel like the nerd that wanted to hang out with the popular kids. Even if I was in the same party as the famous people, I probably wouldn't have talked to them because I obviously don't really know them. Keeping me isolated from them was saying that if I was to go around them, I would paw at them and ask them to be the godparent of my firstborn. What they didn't know was that all I would have done was run up to Sylvester and yelled Adrienne! in my best Rocky voice and then moved on to Amy and said Rehab might not be such a bad idea for you. But they didn't even give me a chance to show how cool and calm I can be around celebrities.
Speaking of which, I finally got to meet Tommy Lee the other night. He's totally hot in real life and when he came walking down the back stairway from Pam's dressing room along with several other guests, I couldn't help but look up and smile at him while I said, Hey you're Tommy Lee! He was totally cool and nice and said something like nice to meet you while smiling back at me with an awkward grin like ya that's me. When I met Pam she was kind of the same way like ok you know who I am so what are you going to do? Are you going to get all crazy and act like a total retard? Of course I didn't and so when I hung up balloons in her room she talked to me as if she'd known me for a year.

No comments: