Sunday, May 15, 2011


It's kind of a funny story.
I went to Margi's wedding with Kelly tonight and it was lovely. However, have you seen the movie Picture Perfect? Watch the first 20 seconds of the movie trailor below...
This pretty much happened to me tonight. The DJ said, ok all the single ladies come on out to the dance floor! I looked at Kelly horrified. I was literally the only single girl there. I tried to duck and hide under the table. Margi saved the day however and ran over and told the DJ to just have all of the ladies married or single come out to the dance floor for the tossing of the bouquet. Margi tossed it over her head and after hitting a little girl in the face, it landed right at my feet. So I picked it up and smiled in to the cameras with their bright lights shining in my eyes. Meanwhile everyone was consoling the little girl who was sobbing from the trauma of getting hit. At least I think that's what happened. Either way, I didn't know what to do because no one seemed to want to get my picture with Margi as tradition would have it. I tried to help console the little girl by breaking off one of the loose roses from the bouquet and handed it to her. She was screaming bloody murder and wanted nothing to do with anyone but her mom. I debated on handing the bouquet off to someone else but who? So clutching the bouquet, I turned and ran.

3 comments:

Ashley Whimpey: The One with the Fairy Dust said...

Trace, this is hilarious! You crack me up. I could totally see you fleeing the scene. Love this story.

Rebecca said...

awesome!

Letterpress said...

Okay now I want to see the movie and I'm not even a huge fan of ol' WhatsHerFace. But you are so funny--Congratulations! Now you have a pretty bouquet for the week!