Friday, February 26, 2010

Things that only happen at a basketball game with the young women (ages 12-18) in the church.

The players hug after they foul each other.
Everyone cheers for every basket no matter what team they're on.
Gracefull ballet leaps equal a lay-up--and they start from the top of the key.
AIR BALL! again and again and again and again
Dribble?
She shoots and nothing but net! --the bottom of the net that is.
"I'm a captain! I don't have to be a good sport!"
A girl goes rogue...can't find her anywhere in the building...stop the game...oh wait there she is chillin down some random hallway.
The score is two to two--it's half time.
The ball is passed and ends up in the corner of the court nowhere near anyone playing "Oh I threw it to the wrong person!"
The ref calls a foul. The girl who fouled says, "Can't I do anything?"

Seriously I love going to these games. The girls don't get overly competitive or fight with each other. They just come to play and have a good time. Sure they totally stink at basketball but who cares when you're having fun?

4 comments:

Ro Ro Riot said...

I was definitely one of the ones that sucked.

Michelle said...

I am dying right now. That sounds like a blast. I remember our basketball games being a little more intense and slightly brutal.

Unknown said...

Oh my. I am embarrased to say that is so true. Did you see our last game :( (i know its ironic about my gmail. But its supposed to be Nacho

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.