Monday, August 04, 2008

MY IRRATIONAL FEARS

I've been thinking a lot about these lately and I decided that I might be slightly insane. Here they are:

I'm afraid to turn off lamps without first checking under the lamp shade because on Arachnaphobia, one of those baby offspring spiders was waiting under the shade and totally bit the person turning off the light AND THEY DIED.

Whenever I use a bathroom that has a shower curtain, I have to check behind the curtain to make sure there is no one there.

There is someone or something(like a freak monster) chillin in the bottom of the outhouse...thanks, X Files.

Sharks live in the lakes that I'm trying to waterski/wakeboard in.

Sharks are in the deep end of the pool at night. (Jaws pretty much ruined me)

Sometimes there is someone under my bed...in that whole 3 inches of space that would be physically impossible to squeeze in. (am I 5?)

Even though I clearly saw that there was no one in my back seat when I got in the car, I still imagine there is someone there waiting to hold up a big knife so I can see it in the rear view mirror and then stab me. So I turn around and check.

I think there might be one or two I'm missing but this is all I can think of for now. I'm so tired I almost wrote rear like this: rirror. What?

9 comments:

Autumn said...

Okay Tracy no more scary movies for you. See this is why I tell Charlie to take Deanna with him to scary movies because I would freak out.

Jake and Ashley said...

Holy mother, Tracy! Except for the first one, I have the EXACT same fears! I can't swim in the pool alone...because of the sharks. And the people under the bed...I jump into bed, even pregnant...it must be hilarious to watch. So don't let people make fun of you, it's not just you!

Katie said...

Looking into the bathroom mirror in the dark freaks me out. Thanks a lot 4th grade friends for teaching me about Bloody Mary.


I get freaked out that someone is in my car's back seat too.

Chelsea Stewart said...

Hey Tracy! What's new? Don't worry you're not crazy, I have those same fears, but you forgot the one where the guy is hiding UNDER your car to grab your ankle and pull you down! ... ok maybe that's crazy. GO GREEN!

Ruth said...

The shark ones and the outhouse are on my list too!!!

Jillyboo said...

I hate getting into an empty car at night... I always get anxious that there is someone there just waiting to pounce.
For this reason, and several others, I no longer do scary movies. I cant afford to be afraid of everything when I need to be sane for the kids. That parts a work in progress.... and may take many, many years.

Jenn Borland said...

Yes, Yes Tracy, you are crazy! No, no... I don't mean what I say!

MaMaMaMandy said...

Irrational?? Puh leese!! Oh man- I am so on your side- I always check behind bathroom curtains, check the back of my car, and I HATE using outhouses. Yeah...I should probably just watching all forms of media- it has ruined me.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!