Friday, December 10, 2010

I love my job so much that if I met someone that wanted me to move away and marry him, I would be at an impasse. Getting married and having children has always been my first priority however I have come to love this so much that I would have a hard time letting it go. Sure, I could get a job doing this elsewhere but I wouldn't be in this salon, working with the same stylists, and doing the same patrons hair. Out of all of the jobs I have had, I have never settled in to one like I have in this one. Not once have I thought about leaving and finding another job or another type of work. I am constantly being challenged, finding ways to be creative, and socializing in a positive atmosphere.
So with that being said, there are some days when I come home from work where I don't want to talk to anybody. I have been talking all day long and I do not want to speak anymore. I am tired and talked out. I just want to stare into the oblivion of the TV. I want to watch other people talk to each other and not have to participate in the conversation. Tonight I just want to cry because I'm so tired and I still have to go out and be social. I have one hour of solitude and I can only hope it's enough.
.....sigh......

2 comments:

Steph said...

That's different. You're usually always ready to go out and have fun! Glad you're liking your job.

Letterpress said...

Sometimes I feel like that. Like now. We just got home from a trip and although I loved being with family and friends, I'm happy to be sitting in front of my computer, catching up with my fav. blogs.

Hope you had a good time that night!