Monday, November 10, 2008

Here is a big update on my life over the past couple of months. I haven't written much--mostly because I haven't felt very inspired but partly because I wanted to include pictures on this one...
These first two updates are really important.
1. I have discovered that reggae makes me feel like I'm on an island vacation. Jason made me five bob marley cd's and that is all I listen to now. Can't get enough of the rasta, love, knotty dreds mon.
2. I purchased some new sunglasses a week ago-- I finally said good bye to the paint chipped ones. The new ones have a tint to the lenses so everything looks sorta bronzy. It's like viewing the world through rose colored glasses--it really is pretty. I noticed that green lights are now teal lights. See? really important!

Andrea got married in San Diego on Oct 11th. I was there to do hair and makeup for her and her 7 bridesmaids! It was a busy day but I had fun! I love my Andrea and my Faulkners!

Brian and Andrea Williams

I made these flowers for her hair out of lace from her dress...


I had to take a back view of all of the bridesmaids... side buns!



I turned 32. Everyone says, oh 32 is young. Well within 5 days of turning 32 I managed to eat dinner at 430pm at both IHOP and Coco's and ordered off the senior menu.
Since my birthday is on Halloween, I had to wear a costume. Me and Deanna dressed up as Barbies...

I was a Heroin Barbie...

Yes on 8. It passed! Here we are holding signs on a corner the night before voting day.



Unfortunately we are feeling the sad aftermath of protests and anger and hurt. I just wish that it wasn't being so directed at mormons. Mormons made up of less than 2% of the yes vote! The people have spoken in California: democracy at it's finest. Until the majority has a different opinion, we have to learn to live accordingly. This really isn't as interesting as signals looking teal though, right?

5 comments:

Sabby said...

The hair looked great, your costume was awesome and nice work with the Prop 8! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

Sharon said...

Love your Dad's picture!!!

Kim said...

Tracy you did such a great job on the girls' hair!! What a gorgeous wedding. Love you and love that I get to say you're indeed not young but waaaayyy older than me for um...12 more days!!

Ro Ro Riot said...

Hey, you really are living an exciting life! And the hair was gorgeous. I loved how you used the lace in her hair.

Brit said...

You always had the best costumes, Anna nicole SMITH, that japanese game show, The girl from Royale Tennenbaums, etc. I should know, I HAD THE PARTIES FOR YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY LIKE A GOOD HOME TEACHER WOULD.