Monday, August 20, 2007

It's been a star studded couple of weekends for me. This girl from Holland, Katja Schuurman, came in to the theater with a film crew and was going to be in the show Saturday night. Apparently she's totally famous in Holland. I just googled her and found all of these pictures of her and the stuff she's done. Anyway, I had to do her hair and makeup for the show. I was pretty nervous because I didn't want to screw up for one and for another, I had to scrounge make up together by temporarily stealing from Hans and digging for whatever makeup I had left from my school kit. Awesome. So I get all ready for her and then she tells me, oh my camera crew is going to be in here and they are going to film me getting ready. The adrenaline started and I felt like I had drank 50 diet cokes because I was trying not to shake! Not only was the camera in there, but the cameraman, Francois, held it about a foot from her face. We're talking extreme close up on my makeup application skills and it's going to be spread all over Holland television. My career is over! Not really. Katja was actually more nervous than I was...not because of me! She was terrified that she was going to mess up on her tricks, I mean Illusions. So the more she rattled on in Dutch to the camera and did her deep breathing exercises, the calmer I became. Eventually, I finished and she actually looked pretty dang good if I do say so myself. She thanked me after the show for making her look beautiful. aahhh.


It was kind of lucky that I made her up that weekend because this last weekend, my co worker was too sick to come in to work and she does Hans' makeup and hair! Hans and I don't have the best history...we got off to a bit of a rocky start I think. I also think he thinks I'm 12 and doesn't really respect my talent. So my boss told his assistant that I would be getting him ready that night and his assistant sounded a bit wary of that. So my boss told him that I had done Katja the weekend before and loved me etc. This quickly put his mind at ease and he must have told Hans because he was totally cool to me and was even joking around with me a bit. My boss told me that he looked good that night which was a total relief. At the end of the day, all that matters is what she thinks because she is the one that is going to keep me working!

No comments: